Dimapur,Khonoma Village, Dzukou Valley, Kohima
Day 1- Arrive At Dimapur Airport And Head Up To Kohima.
Your transport will pick you up from Dimapur Airport and drive you to your hotel in Kohima. (If you want to stop for a quick bite at Dimapur, please ask your driver and he will take you to a restaurant near the airport before you begin your journey.)
• Check in to your hotel in Kohima.
• Dinner will be organized at a restaurant in Kohima where our team will meet you and discuss your plans for the next few days.|
Day 2- Day Tour Of Kohima Town.
Start the tour with a coffee at the famous Heritage Bungalow.
• Take a short walk down to the WWII Commonwealth Cemetery for our signature battlefield tour.
• Have lunch at a café in town followed by a visit to the local market. (For the more adventurous, we take you to see the exotic food that the Nagas are famous for.)
• Post lunch, you can visit the Kohima Cathedral or the State Museum.
• Dinner at a local home in Kohima. Guests can either have dinner at a restaurant in Kohima town or pre-order dinner at their hotel. You can let us know and we can place the order for you.
Day 3- Day Tour Of Khonoma Village.
• Start the day with breakfast at your hotel and then drive to Khonoma village where our guide will meet you.
• Take a guided walk through the village, followed by lunch at Dovipie inn (if you are interested you can take a walk down to the terraced fields of the village)
• Post lunch, you can visit the Mithun Sanctuary where you can spot the local Bison from where you can head on further to the Dzulekie area for a picnic tea.
• Return to Kohima in the evening. Dinner at the hotel.|
Day 04 –05: Day of Trekking- Highlights:
The Dzukou Valley Climb. A day trek to Dzukou valley, (located at an altitude of approximately 2,450 meters above sea level) which is a stunning grassland surrounded by hilltops. The trek up has a couple of approaches – each with a varying level of intensity and you can choose the one that best suits your fitness level. Itinerary:
• Start your day with a leisurely breakfast at the hotel and then head out to town to buy your essentials like snacks for the treks to come.
• Depart for your overnight trek to Dzukou Valley. (It is a 40-minute drive to the start point of your trek.)
• Have a late packed lunch.
• Reach your destination, set up your tents and spend the afternoon exploring the valley.
• Have a simple camp dinner around a bonfire.
• Early morning walk in the valley to view the sunrise. (The sun rises early here so you will need to be up early to see the sunrise.)
• Have breakfast at the camp and return to the start point where your transport will be waiting for you with some hot tea. (Tent accommodation with breakfast, lunch and dinner during the trek and guide for the trek)
Day 6- Depart From Kohima To Dimapur Airport. Itinerary:
• Have breakfast at the hotel and leave for Dimapur Airport. (You will need to be on the road by 8:30 am)
• On the way down to Dimapur is a shop called Chapru where you can stop for a coffee and also pick up some last-minute stuff before heading home.
• Have a great flight back!
Accommodation in handpicked properties during the entire tour duration
Transportation on AC Toyota Innova/Mahindra Xylo (or similar vehicle)
Complimentary breakfast on all days. Other meals as specified in the itinerary (Veg/Non-Veg preferences to be specified while booking)
Guided walks in Kohima, Khonoma Village.
Guided trek to Dzukou Valley.
Tent accommodation with breakfast, lunch and dinner + bonfire during the Dzukou valley trek and guide for the trek.
All parking fees and entry fees are included. All permit fees and taxes are included.
100% payment to reserve the booking.
As per the company policy.