NatureWings, AE - 341, Sector 1, Salt Lake City, Kolkata - 700064, India
Passionate about hosting people across the globe and giving them the best for facilities to cherish for lifetime.
Bagdogra, Gangtok, Lachen, Gurudongmar, Lachung, Tsomgo Lake
DAY 1 - BAGDOGRA AIRPORT / NJP STATION TO GANGTOK, 125KMS IN 4 HRS. Meet & Greet on our arrival and drive to Gangtok (Alt.5550Ft/1675M). The picturesque Teesta follows you all the way.On arrival, check in to hotel. You could stroll about the neighborhood or shop at MG Marg in the evening.
Overnight at Gangtok.|
DAY 2 - GANGTOK TO LACHEN (130 KMS / 06 HRS). After breakfast, you'll be picked up from hotel at Gangtok at about 10 a.m. towards Lachen via NH 31A. On the way stop and enjoy a few wonderful locations like
1) Tashi View Point,built by Tashi Namgyal, offering a panoramic view of Mt Khangchendzonga._
2) Kabi Longstok, a historic place, located on North Sikkim Highway. This is the where a treaty between Lepcha Chief Te-Kung-Tek and the Bhutia Chief Khey-Bum-Sar was signed._
3) Kabi_Longstok_sikkim Seven Sister Waterfalls, The name is given to this waterfall as it makes its descent in seven stages. To facilitate the tourists to savour the pristine beauty and to be with nature, Tourism Department has set up a waiting shed and cafeteria._
4) Seven-sisters-falls-sikkim Naga Waterfalls, the confluence of Lachen-Chu and Lachung- Chu at Chungthang._
5) Naga_Waterfalls-sikkim Mostly perennial in nature, waterfalls are aplenty in this region, Bhim Nala & the Twin Waterfalls are two others one comes across en route to North Sikkim. And the gorgeous Teesta follows you all the way._
Lunch will be served at Namok. You are likely to reach Lachen around evening.Overnight at Lachen.|
DAY 3 -GURUDONGMAR EXCURSION (5450 M/70 KMS/03 HRS) AND TOWARDS LACHUNG. Early in the morning start for
Gurudongmar Lake, one of the most sacred lakes believed by the Buddhists and Hindus alike. The beautiful and awe inspiring lake remains milky in colour throughout the year. According to a legend, since the lake used to remain frozen most of the year, it was not possible to use its water for drinking purposes. When the Guru Padmasambhava passed by, while returning from Tibet, the local residents are reported to have approached him for providing source of water._
Gurudongmar-Lake-Sikkim The Guru obliged. A portion of the lake touched by him does not freeze in extreme winter. Since water of the lake is considered sacred, visitors carry the 'blessed' water in bottles.
After lunch, check out from hotel and transfer to Lachung.
Overnight at Lachung.|
DAY 4 -YUMTHANG VALLEY EXCURSION AND TOWARDS GANGTOK. After breakfast, excursion to
Yumthang Valley, the valley full of Snow in winter and Rhododendron during the month of May (11800ft/1.5Hrs), is the main attraction around. You can also visit Zero Point (At extra Cost subject to Permit and Road Condition) .
Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary Spread over 43 sq kms through which flows the Yumthang river,it adjoins Lachung and Yumthang. The Sanctuary which is known for its abundance of Rhododendron shrubs and trees is rich in ground flora and other vegetation as well.
Shingba-Rhododendron-Sanctuary-Sikkim After lunch in Lachung, transfer to Gangtok.
Overnight in Gangtok.|
DAY 5 - GANGTOK TO TSOMGO LAKE WITH BABA MANDIR, AND NATHULA PASS EXCURSION After breakfast, start for a full day trip to.
1) Tsomgo Lake (12400ft), which is only 32 kms from Gangtok City, the Lake is almost about 1Km long, oval in shape and 15 mtrs deep. The Lake is considered sacred by the local people._
2) 12 kms further visit the New Baba Harvajan Singh Mandir, believed to have wish-fulfilling powers. On Sundays a 'langar' is run at the temple which provides free meals to the visitors._
3) Nathula Pass, was a major corridor of passage between India and Tibet before it was closed in 1962. Located around 56 kms from Gangtok at an altitude of 14450 ft, the road to Nathula, one of the highest motorable roads, passes through the Tsomgo Lake. On a clear day you can even see the road winding down the Chumbi valley._
Note: Nathula Pass visit will be on direct payment basis as because it depends on availability of permit from army and weather & road Condition.
Overnight at Gangtok.|
DAY 6 - FULL DAY GANGTOK CITY TOUR. In the morning visit to
After breakfast, start for a tour in and around Gangtok. Visit
1) Tashi View Point built by Tashi Namgyal, offering a panoramic view of Mt Khangchendzonga._
2) Gonjang Monastery: Gonjang Monastery near Tashi View Point was established in the year 1981._
3) Gangtok_Gonjang_Monastery_Gangtok Do-drul Chorten, built by the Venerable Trullshi Rimpoche, head of the Nyingma order of Tibeten Buddhism, in 1945._
4) Do-Drul-Chorten-Gangtok Namgyal Institute of Tibetology, The most prestigious research institute of its kind in the world, NIT is a treasure of vast collection of rare Lepcha, Tibetan and Sanskrit manuscripts, statues and rare Thankas (colourful tapestries used in Buddhist liturgy)._
5) Namgyal-Institute-of-Tibetology-Gangtok Orchid House, the paradise made of orchids is located just below NIT and boasts a population of 250 exotic species of orchids._
6) Hur Huray Dara the Nam Nang view point, provides a panoramic view of the lush forests and the vibrant green valley._
7) Tsuklakhang(Palace Monastery), located inside the palace of the Chogyals, the former rulers of Sikkim, it is the most accessible monastery within the city. Built in typical Sikkimese style, there are interesting murals and images of Buddhist pantheon._
8) White Memorial Hall, a typical British structure constructed in 1932 in memory of Claude White._
9) Flower Show Hall, a popular permanent exhibition of Sikkims diverse flowering fauna, located near the White Hall._
10) Gangtok Ropeway, offering a breathtaking panoramic birds-eye view of the mountains and the valley.Back to hotel and free evening to roam around MG Marg for shopping._
11) Rumtek Monastery: The seat of the Karma Kagyu lineage or the "Black Hat" order of the Tibetan Buddhists and one of the most sacred pilgrimage sites of Sikkim._
Overnight at Gangtok.|
DAY 7 -CHERISH YOUR MEMORIES After breakfast, check out and drive to NJP / Bagdogra for return journey, and cherish your holiday forever.
Accommodation in listed Hotels Breakfast and Dinner Transfers and all sightseeing in an exclusive Private vehicle Parking , Toll Tax,Permits Guest Service Support during trip from Bhutan & India office 24/7.
Any item which is not mentioned in the Inclusion section Lunch or any other meal All Mesuems /monuments and others entry Fee Parking , Toll Tax,Permits Laundry, Tips, phone call or any such personal expense